Wednesday, July 4, 2018

You can be an Artist too!

A friend of mine once said "Anybody can be an artist." How can that be you might ask? Are you saying that anyone can have the vision of Picasso?  The brilliance of Leonardo Da Vinc?

No, No you can not. But you said..? I know what I said. Yes, you can become and artist.  You can become a very good artist. You can most likely make money being an artist. How? Study and practice.

The bible loosely says "for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." You can look at the context for yourself. But basically means you spend your time, your money on what you love. 

If you don't spend your time where your love is? Then you are wasting your life. This is your own opinion of what you love. You don't do it. It is your own fault. 

As art is only an example. I wanted to be a auto mechanic when I was young. After that because of my brother-in-law I wanted to be an accountant. As I tested the waters IT ended up as the place that I really wanted to be. 

I am about as bright as a well trained dog. My school grades were bad. While attending university, I did not really have the skills to do well either. I had the attention span of a squirrel on coffee. 

Over the years with a large amount of effort I have gained some control of my facilities. I have promoted my brain to that of a squirrel with no caffeine. Not sure what day was my enlightenment day.

With my set of sills I can do things that other programmers can not. I can also do things things that other system administrators can not. I have in short become a valuable member of any IT team. That was my goal. 

Well my real goal was to make over $100k a year before I died which I did also. As someone with no parents, living in a group home. Making $100k before I was 30 was a good accomplishment. 

So take small steps work hard and you can be what you want. Not sure if I ended where I wanted but I am there. Boy! this one ended cheesy. That is OK I am just practicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment